2023 HGB Show & Sale Juried Showcase Exhibit Theme
To Everything There is a Season
Call For Entries
Showcase Submission Timeline
Applications open September 1, 2023
Deadline for paid HGB Membership
– September 12, 2023
Deadline for Showcase Submissions
– October 1, 2023
Jury fee $20.00 – Maximum two submissions
Juror: Jennifer Miller
2023 Showcase Manager: Janet Strickler
There is a Season
- How are the seasons reflected in your fiber art?
- Do you have a favorite season or time of year?
- How do the seasons influence all things including your desire and inspiration to create.
2023 HGB Show & Sale Showcase Application Preparation
• Please note once you begin the application process online you will not be able to save your application and revisit it later.
• Chrome and Firefox are recommended browsers.
It is recommended you gather the following information before starting the application process.
• Contact information – Name – Email – Phone – PIN – Address
• Prepare digital images
– Images are uploaded as attachments to the application
– if unable to upload images – email as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Images submitted in .jpg format
– Images recommendation of minimum of 300 dpi and file less than 500kb
– Identify image files with LastName_FirstName_Image#.jpg
• Submission details
– If the piece is a collaboration, provide additional artist information to: email@example.com
– Artist Statement – Describe how the piece relates to the theme of “I make things because I must.”
– the artist statement is limited to 250 characters
– Materials and Techniques represented in the piece
– Price – if available for purchase
– Year made
– Size – width x height x depth
Available September 1, 2023 – Members click here to begin 2023 HGB Show & Sale Showcase Application
Showcase entries are subject to HGB Fiber Art Show & Sale Rules & Regulations.
Click here to review and download HGB Fiber Art Show & Sale Rules & Regulations.
HGB Fiber Art Show & Sale Juried Showcase
Each year, during the five-day HGB Fiber Art Show & Sale at the Boulder County Fairgrounds, Handweavers Guild of Boulder members show their best work in the juried showcase. According to the theme chosen for that year, members of the Guild interpret their reflections in a wide variety of media including weaving, quilting, knitting, crochet, basketry and felting which may be hung on the wall or stand as sculpture.
The Showcase brings visitors the opportunity to see creativity and skilled artisanship up close and personal, and the chance to vote on the People’s Choice Award for their favorite work.