Membership in the Handweavers Guild of Boulder is open to persons interested in or actively engaged in the art of handweaving and related crafts, such as knitting, crocheting, spinning, piecing, dyeing, basketry, felting, and beading.
The Guild’s objective is to explore the lore and techniques in handweaving and related textile arts and crafts and to stimulate interest in these media.
Whether you are new to fiber arts, or an accomplished artist, we feel confident that you will find an enjoyable, creative, and inspirational place within the Guild.
Membership in the Handweavers Guild of Boulder includes participation in our Annual Fiber Art Show & Sale, outreach programs, and other ongoing events.
- Annual Show and Sale Members are encouraged to participate in the Annual Show & Sale held each Fall to display and/or sell their various fiber arts. The Sale provides a reputable and well-known venue for members to sell their work at a low commission, as well as being a fundraiser for the Guild.
- Meetings are held from September through May at Mountain View United Methodist Church, 355 Ponca Place, Boulder, CO 80303.
• Day meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 9:00am.
• Evening meetings are held on the Tuesday following the day meeting and begin at 7:00pm.
• Visitors are welcome at all Guild meetings.
- Programs The Guild sponsors monthly programs, September through May, featuring both local and nationally-known artists. Each year, several of these artists conduct Guild-sponsored workshops lasting from one to five days.
- Study Groups allow members who share a common artistic passion to exchange ideas and learn in a small group setting. Current study groups focus on weaving, knitting, spinning, illuminated textiles, felting. Additional study groups can be formed by interested members.
- Newsletter The Guild’s monthly newsletter, The Beat, is published September through May and occasionally during the summer months as determined by the Board. The Beat includes news about the Guild, minutes of meetings, program and workshop information, and news of members’ fiber-related accomplishments. The Beat is available online or mailed (at additional cost) to all Guild members.
- Library Members have access during regular meetings to an extensive library of textile-related books, magazines, and DVDs.
- Rental Equipment Guild-owned weaving and spinning equipment may be rented by members for a very nominal fee.
- Dues are $40.00 per year ($20.00 Student). The guild year runs from June 1 through May 31. After January 1, dues for the current year are $20. As of November 1, 2016, HGB is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, so dues paid after that date are tax-deductible.